Monday 4 June 2012

La Luna


La Luna
“La Luna is the timeless fable of a young boy who is coming of age in the most peculiar of circumstances. Tonight is the very first time his Papa and Grandpa are taking him to work. In an old wooden boat they row far out to sea, and with no land in sight, they stop and wait. A big surprise awaits the little boy as he discovers his family’s most unusual line of work. Should he follow the example of his Papa, or his Grandpa? Will he be able to find his own way in the midst of their conflicting opinions and timeworn traditions?”


I felt really inspired by this short 30second clip from the new pixar short set to run before the full length feature of Brave in the cinemas. The atmosphere, setting and characters really appeal to me - I want to know the full story - the idea of stars landing on the moon, having a sort of metallic, jewel sound and texture,  collecting them, the switch in gravity from the sea to the surface of the moon, the protagonists innocent appearance and awe that mimicsthe viewers own and his humble clothing similar to that of a Victorian chimney sweeper - the way his fascination overtakes his responsibility and he pursues the fallen star but hastily retreats upon hearing his papa calling his name - clearly afraid of getting in the way or disobeying them. it all really appeals to my interests and preferences. In short it's my ideal setting - I may try some illustrations inspired around this short clip in my free time while I wait for the full piece to be released!

No comments:

Post a Comment