Thursday 3 May 2012

Three Pieces of Advice




"DRAW ANYWHERE, DRAW ON ANYTHING, BE SILLY."
During Jill Calder s lecture she mentioned three key pieces of advice. Drawing anywhere - allowing the different environments and locations to take impact on your work inspiration and stylistically. Drawing on anything - allowing the texture, packaging print to become part of your image and manipulate your work. Be silly - to always enjoy what you're doing and inject humour into your pieces - be free with it. 

"NEVER GIVE UP"
Pretty sure this has been said by my tutors numerous times, the illustration industry is by no means an easy place to get into, work will be refused countless times and jobs declined. You just have to keep pushing yourself and your portfolio out there to grab the attention of those interested and hold onto it. 

"YOUR LIFE IS YOUR MESSAGE TO THE WORLD
MAKE SURE IT'S INSPIRING"
I don't know who said this - but it's very powerful. It encourages me to give it my all - to insert enough self awareness into my pieces to paint a clear picture about myself and what I want to communicate with the viewer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment