Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Third & The Seventh


The Third & The Seventh
By Alex Roman

'A FULL-CG animated piece that tries to illustrate architecture art across a photographic point of view where main subjects are already-built spaces. Sometimes in an abstract way. Sometimes surreal.'

---------

I was completely blown away by this video - it is entirely made using CGI - by one person - in a single year. The views, textures,ideas,lighting,colours,shapes - are just -- amazing.

It really makes you question reality - it just looks so real - I can't get over how realistic it looks. What's real nowadays when people can create such amazing clips as this?

I really recommend watching the whole piece - although honestly once it starts I imagine it's fairly hard to click off from - but do stick with it, as the artist begins to integrate parts of his imagination into the locations such as large floating orbs of liquid and exploding libraries.

It is honestly one of the most beautiful and inspiring things I have watched in a long time.
It also links to my proposed final project and possible dissertation/journal for next year in which I study the links and boundaries between reality and fantasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment